Rowan University Laboratory for Educational Robotics [ R.U.L.E.R. ] has a free open course CS4HS program for teachers interested in getting their school/university into robotics.
All credit goes to:
This coursework consists of 5 weeks of online free educational beginner programming lessons and hardware lessons.
The course focuses on FLL, or Lego Robotics.
- Wide Popularity
- Simplicity of Lego NXT Software
- Command your robot to drive forward by moving around ‘Block Programming’
Free and Open to anyone interested in robotics
- For Teachers K-12.
- For Educators.
- For Students.
- This is for you too, mom and dad.
Why Robotics ?
- Teachers who complete all courses will achieve a certificate of completion from a colleague.
- Help your school with STEM!
- Help your K-12 Students learn about Teamwork, and start to get hands-on experience in STEM fields with real robots!
- Help promote your school with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
How Long should this take?
- Progress is up to each individual educator/teacher.
- Roughly 4-6 hours each week.
- Worth every minute for your school !
- Online Youtube tutorials available for Home/Mobile Access.
The online workshop was developed specifically for K-12 Teachers, but can also be used by Students or Parents. (Must have GMAIL account)